Adivasi Socio Educational and Cultural Association (ASECA) demand for extension of affiliation of Santali medium in government and Non-government general Degree Colleges
On 20th July 2020, the “Adibasi Socio-Education & Cultural Association” submitted a memorandum to the Education Minister of the Government of West Bengal for approval the admissions and teaching in the various Government and Non-Government general degree colleges in Santali medium for undergraduate and postgraduate in the West Bengal for the students who have passed the Higher Secondary in 2020 .
The Santali language are included in 8th schedule of constitution of India and in the West Bengal the Santhali medium education in Olchiki script started from 2008 at the primary school level from class One and completed their school education after taking their Higher Secondary examination, 2020 in Olchiki script.
Adivasi socio educational and cultural Association (ASECA) demand for extension of affiliation of Santali medium in government and Non-government general Degree Colleges of the state for the pass out students of Santali medium Higher Secondary examination 2020 with immediate effect enabling them to get the admission in degree course as per their choice under the circumstances as a ACECA request to the the honorable minister-in-charge Department of Education, Government of Est Bengal, to take immediate effective steps to identify general Degree Colleges. The colleges which have been requested to teach through Santali medium are:
- Silda Chandra Sekhar College, Silda, Jhargram.
- Subarnarekha Mahavidyalaya, Gopiballavpur, Jhargram.
- Nayagram Pandit Raghunath Murmu Govt. College, Nayagram, Jhargram.
- Santal Bidroha Sardha Satabarsiki Mahavidyalaya, Goaltore, West Medinipur.
- Khatra Adibasi Mahavidyalaya, Khatra, Bankura.
- Raipur Block Mahavidyalaya, Raipur, Bankura.
- Birsha Munda College, Raipur, Bankura.
- Pandit Raghunath Murmu Smriti Mahavidyalaya, Sarenga, Bankura.
- Chatna Ghoramuli College, Chatna, Bankura.